Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Simple Things In Life.

     As I get older, I have learned to really appreciate the small things in life. Whether its riding my horses, driving in my car, or jogging down the road, I seem to notice something new every day. I love to watch the baby calves run around with each other playing just like little children do. It makes me smile so big to see their personalities shine through as they play in the warm sunshine. But of course as I'm walking or running down the road there is nothing more soothing to the heart to feel the warm and fresh summer breeze fill your lungs and brush your skin. It is also entertaining to watch people as you drive and just by the looks on their faces, wonder what their life story is all about. If you pay close attention you can even tell what kind of day most people are having by the look on their faces. I find it to be quite facinating and a simple way to entertain yourself when driving.
     But the one thing I look forward to every single day is the beautiful sunsets that appear out of my front window of our house, especially in the summer. Summer has the best sunsets of all because I can be walking home from the farm, look over across the corn field and see the most beautiful sky painting that no one could ever replicate other than God. It is always just breath taking. Especially sitting on top of a building or hill top watching the sun slip over the distant mountains.
     It is just the small and simple things in life that make me truly happy. People may call me weird, but if you really take the time to notice small, every day things, it will make you not only a happier person, but a better one as well... at least that is what I have experienced!

No comments:

Post a Comment